~ Auto Buzz ~: 5 Warm Weather Getaway Ideas

Thursday 5 January 2017

5 Warm Weather Getaway Ideas



Four-Seasons-Maui-Infinity-Pool

Beach-Umbrella

I know the winter can seem long, even living in Portland. The days can be cloudy, rainy with only small bursts of sun. People say that your first winter here is the hardest and they aren’t kidding. I haven’t had to deal with a full season of winter in almost three years so I’ve been in for a rude awakening.

Paul went crazy buying jeans when we first moved here because he only owned shorts when we moved here. I just finally got caught up and order pants and sweaters to replace my year-round Cali wardrobe of sundresses. I’m definitely craving warmth and sunshine right now to break up all this grey.

If you’re feeling just blegh about the weather, here are a couple of my favourite warm weather getaway ideas that I would suggest to get your summer fix!

Standard-Miami-Lido-Bayside-Restaurant

1) Miami, Florida

If you’re looking for a quick trip and want a weekend of fantastic dinners, dancing, drinking and sunning yourself on the beach then Miami is a great destination for you! I recently went for a bachelorette party and we had the time of our life. Read more from my Miami Travel Guide for more getaway ideas.

California-Lifeguard-Stand

2) Los Angeles, California

I’m bias because I lived in LA for three years, but LA is the perfect holiday with a mix of beach, sightseeing and city life all rolled into one. Yes, you will likely need a car to get around – but if you stick to one neighbourhood you could uber your way through. Here’s my Los Angeles Travel Guide on how-to do the city right.

Four-Seasons-Maui-Infinity-Pool

3) Maui, Hawaii

Need a vacation with lots of beach time and adventure? With Maui you have the option of both. You can lie around the resort and do nothing or you can bike down a volcano or go on a hike in one of the State Parks. I had an amazing stay at BOTH the Four Seasons Maui and the Fairmont Kea Lani Maui and created this Travel Guide to Maui.

hey-cupcake-austin getaway ideas

4) Austin, Texas

Looking for a trip with a fun culinary component? Austin, Texas is calling your name with top-notch BBQ, food trucks, breakfast tacos and lots of independent shops to check out. The weather is still quite warm in the winter without lots of crazy humidity. Check out my Travel Guide to Austin, Texas.

Four-Seasons-Punta-Mita-Beach

5) Punta Mita, Mexico

My final suggestion for my warm weather getaway ideas is Punta Mita, Mexico! I was lucky to enjoy a stay at the Four Seasons Punta Mita and just lived resort life. Spa days, lying by the pool and eating some amazing food at their restaurants. Check out my stay at the Four Seasons Punta Mita for more ideas.

 

Are you heading anywhere this winter? Do you have any warm weather getaway ideas to share?

 

 

The post 5 Warm Weather Getaway Ideas appeared first on This Beautiful Day.


【Top 10 Malaysia & Singapore Most Beautiful Girls】Have you follow?



Share This: