~ Auto Buzz ~: 5 Simple Ways to Achieve Your Healthy Eating Goals

Monday 23 January 2017

5 Simple Ways to Achieve Your Healthy Eating Goals



lemon water

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpecialKGoodness #CollectiveBias

healthy eating goals lisa ng

I am truly trying to put myself first and focus on my health this year. It’s taken a backseat lately due to a big move, a busy work schedule and lots of travel. It’s always going to be something, so I’ve decided that I just need to be more flexible, less perfect and just get it done instead of overthinking it.

We’re almost at the end of January and this is usually when New Years resolutions fall by the wayside. So I’m sharing a few ideas and tips today on how I’m working to achieve my healthy eating and living goals:

 

lemon water

1) Drink Lemon Water First Thing in the AM

This has made the biggest difference for me and it’s such a small and easy task. I drink two BIG 500 ml glasses of water with half a lemon squeezed into it as soon I wake up in the morning.

Lemon water rehydrates my body after a long sleep, alkalizes my system, aids in digestion, gives me a natural boost of vitamin C, gets my metabolism going and leaves my stomach a little full before I eat breakfast about 30 minutes later.

meal-prep-soup-jars

2) Meal Prep on a Sunday

Set yourself up for success! Grab a few containers and prep your lunches and a few easy healthy meals that you can eat during the week. Buying groceries, prepping your meals on Sunday likely means that you won’t fall back on ordering a pizza or take-out all week.

I like to prep one of these slow cooker recipes to cook on Monday for dinner, make a big soup for lunches all week and cut up veggies to toss into my meals. Head to Pinterest and pick out and print a minimum of three meals and make them all on Sunday.

pine street market portland oregon

3) Cut Back on Eating Out

I LOVE eating out and trying all the fantastic restaurants in Portland, Oregon. However, it’s all about balance. Restaurant portions tend to be bigger and full of more salt, calories and fat then what we would generally cook at home.

Eating out 1-2 times a week is still cool for us, but I want to try and cook more to help achieve my healthy eating goals.

special k cracker chips

4) Plan, Buy + Prep Healthy Substitutes

I have a sweet tooth, so I plan, buy and prep up cut up fruit in my fridge so I don’t reach for that cookie. I love ice cream, so I’ve substitued frozen banana ice cream as an alternative. Love crunch? Try something like these Special K Sour Cream and Onion Cracker Chips. I don’t want to give in to every craving, but I don’t want to ignore them either and binge later.

Know your cravings and prep healthy substitues you can have on hand in your pantry or fridge – because none of us can be perfect. And if you need to have a cupcake, have that cupcake – but don’t let it turn into a daily habit and get back to your healthy eating habits right away.

special k protein bars

5) Carry Healthy Snacks With You

Don’t get hangry! Carry healthy snacks with you in case hunger strikes. If you let yourself get crazy hungry, you’re more likely to make less healthy food choices like grabbing a cheeseburger or slice of pizza.

I keep these Special K Nourish Bars in my purse if I’m on-the-go and need a healthy snack. They slip easily into my purse and they are chewy with a bit of crunch. Nourish bars contain 8 grams of protein which is great for giving me an afternoon energy boost.

special k nourish bites

special k protein bites

Special K Protein Bites are convenient poppable snack bites that are easy to eat when I’m trying to get out the door in the morning. I love that they are bite-size and don’t make a mess.

granola bars

Look for Special K Nourish Bars + Protein Bites at your local Target store near you. You’ll find them in the same aisle as the granola bars, like the photo above. For more healthy eating inspiration visit Kellogg’s online!

 

cartwheel target app

 

 

The post 5 Simple Ways to Achieve Your Healthy Eating Goals appeared first on This Beautiful Day.


【Top 10 Malaysia & Singapore Most Beautiful Girls】Have you follow?



Share This: