~ Auto Buzz ~: An American in Spain Jayson Uribe will compete in the 2016 CEV Repsol Moto2 European Championship.

Friday 13 November 2015

An American in Spain Jayson Uribe will compete in the 2016 CEV Repsol Moto2 European Championship.



Jayson Uribe headshot portrait Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo weren’t the only newsmakers this past weekend in Valencia, Spain. California teen Jayson Uribe announced at the Ricardo Tormo circuit that he will compete next season in the FIM CEV Repsol Moto2 European Championship. Sixteen-year-old Uribe will join the Barcelona-based AGR Team alongside South African Steven Odendaal for what Uribe anticipates will be a three-year program. “Last year I did a wildcard with the AGR Team at the last round of the CEV championship here in Valencia,” Uribe said. “That went really well, and I learned a lot. The team owner, Karlos Arguiñano, is a chef and he has his own TV show. He comes to the races and is always encouraging. “Our plan is to race in the Moto2 European championship in 2016 and ’17, and maybe in 2017 do a wildcard or two in the Moto2 world championship. In 2018, we hope to do the entire Moto2 world championship.” Uribe began racing motorcycles at age four. He has competed in the British Superbike and MotoAmerica championships, and most recently earned his first international victory in the French Superbike Championship riding a Honda CBR600RR. Jayson Uribe race action “I’m thankful that I did one year on a production bike,” Uribe said. “It opened my eyes to the differences between production and prototype chassis. Now that I’m getting back on a prototype, I can capitalize on the areas in which that type of machine excels.” Uribe raced this past season in France on Pirelli DOT rubber. “I was a Pirelli test rider for the 125cc and Moto3 tires in BSB,” Uribe said. “I’ve ridden Pirellis for the majority of my career, but I also raced Dunlops for a year or two.” Dunlop supplies the tires for the CEV Moto2 class. “When I rode here last year,” Uribe said, “we were on Michelins. Everything changed this year, so next season will be a new experience for me.” Uribe, who will live with his older brother, Hunter Su, in Barcelona while his parents, Allan and Becky, remain stateside, also considered racing next season with MotoAmerica. “Racing at home, where I know the people and speak the language,” he said, “would have been easier and a good learning experience, but my goal is to stay in Europe.” Jayson Uribe Carole 2015 PC Rene Dittmann 361_08.15-Uribe-©Bronk 266_08 340_08

Gadget Reviews: mamaktalk.com
Car Reviews: automoview.com
Entertainment News: 38now.com
Today's Promotions: freepromotoday.com

Share This: