~ Auto Buzz ~: Swiss Chard Saute with Eggs + Toast

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Swiss Chard Saute with Eggs + Toast



Swiss Chard Eggs

Brunch

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get more greens into my breakfast besides making my favourite smoothie every morning. I’ve been seeing Swiss Chard at the grocery store but I always seem to default onto spinach, kale or broccoli when it comes to my greens.

I signed up for my very first CSA box this month from Organics To You in Portland and I was delivered a fresh bunch of Swiss Chard from an organic farm here in Oregon. Which totally got me thinking about this recipe – Swiss Chard Saute with Eggs and Toast!

CSA Farm Box

If you’ve never tried a CSA box before – I highly recommend it! I was able to get a one-time delivery without having to commit to a subscription, which I like in the summertime when things get busy. I can order a box whenever I like and it gets delivered right to my door.

My organic box (above) featured a mix of organic, locally-grown fruits and vegetables for one – but easily it fed two! Whatever I didn’t use at the end of the week I froze for smoothies and I ate all the fruit first. My box was only $30 and included delivery.

Try not to refrigerate your fruit or tomatoes and leave them out on the counter for 1-2 days and try to eat them sooner rather than later. You’ll taste all the full flavours when you let things just sit at room temperature instead of putting them in the fridge. A CSA box also forced us to eat more vegetables and cook with a lot of things we don’t usually try – hence the swiss chard!

Swiss Chard Eggs

I decided to sauté the swiss chard because I don’t have a ton of time to make breakfast in the morning. But this still turned out great and didn’t require a lot of ingredients on hand. If you have any leftover vegetables (I had beets) – feel free to throw that in the pan as well!

 

Swiss Chard Saute with Eggs + Toast

Serves 2

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 bunch swiss chard, rinsed and chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon coconut oil
  • 2-3 eggs
  • 2-3 pieces of toast
  • Jam (optional)
  • Fresh fruit slices (optional)

 

PREPARATION

  1. Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat and add coconut oil
  2. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes
  3. Add swiss chard and saute until the leaves soften, remove from pan
  4. Cook 2-3 eggs sunny side up to serve with your swiss chard
  5. Toast 2-3 slices of bread and serve with jam or fresh slices of fruit

 

Enjoy!

 

 

The post Swiss Chard Saute with Eggs + Toast appeared first on This Beautiful Day.



Gadget Reviews: mamaktalk.com
Car Reviews: automoview.com
Entertainment News: 38today.com
Today's Promotions: freepromotoday.com
Site Value Calculator sitevaluenow.com


[Recommended Post] Best natural looking Malaysian Girl - Photo Album




Share This: