~ Auto Buzz ~: ColourPop Haul + First Impressions

Friday 3 June 2016

ColourPop Haul + First Impressions



ColourPop Haul + First Impressions | A Girl, Obsessed
ColourPop is a brand that I've seen countless times on all of my favorite blogs. After hearing so many good things about their cosmetics, I decided to take the plunge and purchase an array of products. Luckily, this brand is super affordable so you can pick out a bunch of cool things without breaking the bank. I thought I would share what I got and give my first impressions of the products and the brand overall.
ColourPop Haul + First Impressions | A Girl, Obsessed
First up are the Super Shock Shadows. I had a horribly difficult time picking out colors because ColourPop offers so many, but I eventually settled on La La (an Ultra Metallic rose gold), Stereo (a metallic burgundy/copper), 3 (a cool-toned metallic bronze), and Friskie (a metallic black with silver and pink glitter). Upon first seeing these, I fell in love with the packaging, and as soon as I swatched them I about died with happiness. These are the most creamy, buttery powder shadows I have ever seen in my entire life, easily upstaging Urban Decay's eyeshadows (which is something I never thought I'd ever say). They're highly pigmented, and the colors I picked out are truly metallic, not just overloaded with glitter. I can't wait to fully try these out, and will definitely be ordering more in the future.
ColourPop Haul + First Impressions | A Girl, Obsessed
I wanted to pick up a couple of cheek products, so I decided to go with a highlight and blush. First is Spoon, a light silver champagne highlighter. This was actually the first ColourPop product I swatched, so it holds a special place in my heart and is what sold me on the brand. Out of all of the powder products I swatched for this post, this one had the most intensity of buttery goodness. It glides onto the skin so smoothly, and is going to be one of those "must have" products for the summer. The other cheek products I picked up is Pegacorn (how cute is that name?!), a deep violet satin blush. Now, I know this color looks a bit intense, but that's just because I swatched it pretty heavily so you could really see the color in the photo. With a light hand, this is going to be the prettiest berry blush shade for this season. I'm so in love!
ColourPop Haul + First Impressions | A Girl, Obsessed
Liquid lipsticks have quickly become a favorite of mine, so I knew I had to pick up some of the Ultra Satin Lip Glosses. Again, not easy to choose because of all of the gorgeous colors, but I finally decided on Lyin' King (a saturated raspberry), Naked Ladies (a bright coral red), and Frick N' Frack (a rosy terra-cotta). I fell in love with these immediately because they remind me so much of Kylie Jenner's liquid lipsticks but for a fraction of the cost. These are extremely pigmented, and the finish is in-between a satin and a matte which is just lovely. Unlike Kylie's lipsticks, these are super easy to remove with a makeup remover wipe, so you don't have to worry about scrubbing your lips off just to remove them at the end of the night.
ColourPop Haul + First Impressions | A Girl, Obsessed
Lastly, we have the very first ColourPop product I ever heard about - the Lippie Stix. I had seen these raved about on several blogs, so I knew I had to pick a few up. I tried to get a different finish for each color, and ended up with Punky (a mid-tone warm neon pink with a satin finish), Peacocky (a sheer blue-red), and Cami (a neutral mauve pink with a Matte X finish). I love the packaging for these - they're thin and handy, so you can just toss them in your makeup bag and they barely take up any room. These glide on easily, and I found the finishes to be very true to the descriptions. The sheer finish is my favorite, so I'll definitely be picking up more once some of the other colors come back in stock.

I am super impressed with what I picked out from this brand, and can see what all of the hype has been about. Rarely do I try a brand where everything is actually as good as people say it is. I'm looking forward to trying more from ColourPop in the future - they've definitely got a fan for life!

Have you tried anything from ColourPop yet? Which products are your favorite?

Follow
SaveSaveSaveSave

Gadget Reviews: mamaktalk.com
Car Reviews: automoview.com
Entertainment News: 38today.com
Today's Promotions: freepromotoday.com
Site Value Calculator sitevaluenow.com


[Recommended Post] Best natural looking Malaysian Girl - Photo Album




Share This: