~ Auto Buzz ~: 4 Ways To Work Smarter, Not Harder

Monday 13 June 2016

4 Ways To Work Smarter, Not Harder



4 Ways To Work Smarter, Not Harder | A Girl, Obsessed
Ever since I began working for myself, I've come to realize the importance of working smarter, not harder. With only 24 hours in a day, we have to make sure to use the most of our time. My time is usually spent on blog work, emails, photography, housework, personal time, family time, church, Bible study - if I take too long with one activity, I won't have enough to fit everything in into my daily routine. To remedy this, I've come up with four ways to work more efficiently without taking any additional effort or time.

ELIMINATE DISTRACTIONS

The main thing to remember when you're wanting to work smarter instead of harder is to get rid of any distractions. Put your phone on silent, turn the tv off, click out of Twitter and Pinterest...do whatever you have to do to eliminate anything that will pull your attention and focus away from your work. For me, this means turning off Netflix and leaving my phone in another room so I'm not tempted to play Sailor Moon Drops.

PLAN AHEAD

A great way to save yourself time is by planning ahead. By using a planner and writing down all of my deadlines and upcoming projects, I'm able to plan out everything I need to do in the most time-efficient way. Planning ahead allows me to make the most of my time, which actually helps me save time in the end. If you're not used to planning out things ahead of time, start by filling out your calendar with any important dates/deadlines you have coming up, and then look to see where you can group things together to save time. I know I have blog posts planned each week, so every weekend I'll get all of my photos taken in one go so I don't have to keep coming back throughout the week to take more photos.

GET ORGANIZED

Organization is super important for getting your best work done. I think most people get overwhelmed at the thought of organization, but it can be as simple as making yourself a to-do list each morning to keep yourself on track. I'm a huge fan of cute notepads and stationery to keep myself organized - whenever I have a thought or idea I don't want to forget, I just jot it down and can come back to it later. My best tip for organization is simplicity. Don't over complicate things by assuming you have to have this thorough system in order to stay on top of things. Just find out what works best for your and stick to it!

SINGLE TASK

This one might seem like a bit of a shock to some, but I fully believe in the power of single-tasking. We've been conditioned to equate hard work with juggling multiple tasks at once, but I've found that to achieve my best work, I need to give all of my focus to one thing at a time. With no distractions or separate tasks, I'm able to put all of my creative energy into the task at hand, allowing for quicker work of a higher quality. The next time you have several things to do, put them all on a list and focus on one thing at a time until each task is completed. I promise you will have your work finished in no time, and will feel less stress than usual.

How do you work smarter instead of harder?


Follow
SaveSave

Gadget Reviews: mamaktalk.com
Car Reviews: automoview.com
Entertainment News: 38today.com
Today's Promotions: freepromotoday.com
Site Value Calculator sitevaluenow.com


[Recommended Post] Best natural looking Malaysian Girl - Photo Album




Share This: