~ Auto Buzz ~: AMASX: Round #6 Husqvarna Race Report – San Diego

Monday 9 February 2015

AMASX: Round #6 Husqvarna Race Report – San Diego



Jason Anderson race action shot Husqvarna Press Release: After hosting the San Diego round of the series at Qualcomm Stadium for over 30 years, Supercross moved downtown to PETCO Park, the home of the Padres, for round six of the 2015 season. This round was also the site of the second consecutive Military Appreciation Race, a special night where the Supercross community pays tribute to the United States Armed Forces by supporting Operation Homefront, a nonprofit organization that provides assistance to service members and their families with a focus on wounded veterans who served on or after 9/11. In addition, this was the last round for the 250SX West riders before they go on a long two-month break to make way for the 250SX East series, which commences next Saturday in Arlington, Tex. After a great start in his heat race, Zach Osborne and his Husqvarna FC 250 crossed the finish line in second place to transfer directly to the main. In the main, Osborne grabbed the hole-shot and eventually crossed the finish line in sixth. He is currently fourth in 250SX West rider point standings. “Today was ok,” said Osborne. “I was third fastest in qualifying, which gave me second gate pick for my heat. I pulled the hole-shot in the main but wasn’t riding like myself. I ended up sixth so it was kind of disappointing. I’m going to regroup and heal my thumb. I’m four points out of second place so I’m going to keep fighting. There’s a lot of racing left to do and a lot can happen in this class.” Zach Bell transferred to the 250 main after he navigated his Husqvarna FC 250 to a fifth place finish in his heat race. In the main, Bell got a top ten start and worked his way through the pack to finish seventh. He is currently 12th in 250SX West rider point standings. Zach Bell race action shot “Today was a good day,” said Bell. “I ended up seventh overall – top 10 is always a good spot to be. Timed practice went well and I got a good gate pick for the heat race. I battled with some top guys and I know what I need to work on. The main event went ok and I did what I could. I’m just going to keep building off each race and now I know what I can do so I’m happy. I’m staying healthy. My fitness and my speed are there so now I just have to bring myself there. I think I’m maturing a little bit and I’m ready for more racing.” Jason Anderson was looking to improve upon his ninth place finish at last Saturday’s race in Anaheim but, after getting his bike tangled under another rider’s bike in his heat race and being forced to earn his spot in the main via the 450 semi, he knew he had to show some serious speed the rest of the night to achieve his goal. Anderson was working his way through the pack after the start of the main, but crashed around lap seven and remounted in 14th. He fought hard to gain positions and he and his Husqvarna FC 450 crossed the finish line in 10th. He is currently fifth in 450SX rider point standings. “My weekend went pretty well,” said Anderson. “I was riding good in the main but had a little brain fart and jumped off the track. I came back and ended up 10th. Hopefully I’ll come back with good results next weekend. I definitely rode better than last weekend, and all I can ask for is progression until I’m on top.” San Diego Supercross Results: 250 Main Event: 1. Cooper Webb 2. Shane Mcelrath 3. Tyler Bowers … 6. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing 7. Zach Bell - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing 250 West Rider Point Standings: 1. Cooper Webb – 136 points 2. Jessy Nelson – 106 points 3. Tyler Bowers – 104 points 4. Zach Osborne – 102 points 5. Shane Mcelrath – 86 points 6. Aaron Plessinger – 81 points 7. Justin Hill – 79 points 8. Josh Hansen – 79 points 9. Alex Martin – 75 points 10. Malcolm Stewart – 69 points … 12. Zach Bell – 55 points 450 Main Event: 1. Trey Canard 2. Ken Roczen 3. Ryan Dungey … 10. Jason Anderson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing 450 Rider Point Standings: 1. Ryan Dungey – 127 points 2. Ken Roczen – 118 points 3. Trey Canard – 109 point 4. Eli Tomac – 100 points 5. Jason Anderson – 85 points For more information: www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com 103637_Bell-SanDiegoSX2015-Cudby-004_1024 103694_Anderson-SanDiegoSX2015-Cudby-025_1024



Gadget Reviews: mamaktalk.com

Car Reviews: automoview.com

Entertainment News: 38now.com

Today's Promotions: freepromotoday.com


Share This: