~ Auto Buzz ~: Junkyard Find: 1972 Buick Skylark Sedan

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Junkyard Find: 1972 Buick Skylark Sedan



DOTJ-72Skylark-03After seeing this ’72 Ford Econoline one-ton camper van on Tuesday and this ’72 Mercury Monterey coupe on Monday, how about another 1972 Junkyard Find? Here’s a ’72 Buick Skylark that I shot in a Denver yard, all the way back in 2010; I’d been saving these photos until I could come up with a whole week’s worth of GM A-body cars, but the A-bodies have become so valuable (and thus rare in cheap self-serve wrecking yards) that I’ve run out of patience. Welcome back to 1972 Junkyard Week™!

DOTJ-72Skylark-11Actually, I shot these photos immediately after moving to Denver to marry my long-distance girlfriend. Hey, that reminds me of a family legend I hear every time I’m around my in-laws, about the time my future wife, at age six, got carsick and barfed all over the interior of the brand-new ’71 Skylark coupe her father had just bought the day before (in her defense, she’d warned the grown-ups that she wasn’t feeling so good). So much for That New Car Smell!

DOTJ-72Skylark-02The Buick 350 was completely unrelated to the Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac 350s, but GM ensured many decades of parts-counter confusion by giving them all the same nominal displacement number and doing plenty of mix-and-match engine roulette later in the 1970s. The Buick and Olds 350s were the best for convenience-store-parking-lot burnouts, in my opinion.

DOTJ-72Skylark-07Yes, I bought this dealer emblem. I sent it to a Swedish lover of old Detroit cars (along with a few license plates) for garage decor a couple of months back.


DOTJ-72Skylark-01 DOTJ-72Skylark-02 DOTJ-72Skylark-03 DOTJ-72Skylark-04 DOTJ-72Skylark-05 DOTJ-72Skylark-06 DOTJ-72Skylark-07 DOTJ-72Skylark-08 DOTJ-72Skylark-09 DOTJ-72Skylark-10 DOTJ-72Skylark-11

The post Junkyard Find: 1972 Buick Skylark Sedan appeared first on The Truth About Cars.


Best Deals today in www.freepromotoday.com


Share This: